The inaugural Frisco Randocross event will take place December 31st/New Year's Eve at 6:30 PM at the Frisco Adventure Park in Frisco Colorado.
- What's Randocross you ask? A technical (fun) ski mountaineering course with multiple boot packs, winding skin tracks in the trees and two short GS runs per lap - then put it under the lights. Lap times will be in the 10-12 minute range, we'll do a shorter "recreation" category race of a half hour and a "race" category of 45 minutes.
- Race start time 6:30 pm
- Free skimo demo equipment (skis/skins/boots) from 3pm and including the race from: Dynafit, La Sportiva, Mountain Outfitters and Wilderness Sports.
- Free "intro to skimo racing" clinics at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 PM.
- Entry fee includes free beer for participants. Discounted meals will also be available to racers and their family members.
- Entry fees and on-line registration info will be posted shortly. Walk-up registration in the base lodge will be open until 6:10 PM
- Helmets are required for all racers (bike helmets are OK). AT, telemark and splitboard gear are welcome, no nordic equipment allowed.
- The tubing hill will also be open so bring the family
- If you've never done a ski mountaineering race and want to try the equipment and learn how to use it at a free clinic, this is the event for you.
The COSMIC event scheduled for Echo Mt. on Dec. 14 has been postponed. Watch this space and the COSMIC FB site for a new date.
Saturday's skimo clinic is ON at Loveland Pass. We'll meet across the rd. from the large pull-out parking area about 2.5 miles up the North side of the pass from the ski area. (It's the bottom of the skiing coming off the top of the pass).
Participants are encouraged to wear a skimo pack with a ski hook - there will be some boot pack/transition practice. 10AM intro class will focus on transitions and skinning technique. 11:30AM Advanced course we'll include a focus on kickturns and skiing technique. Bring a lunch and plan on skiing after the clinic, the skiing is pretty good for Nov. 6th.
Sunlight Mt. in Glenwood Springs along with Cripple Creek Backcountry are promoting a mid-week rando series. All races start in front of the base lodge, courses will include 1-3 transitions depending on the week. For this week's course and updates go to cripplecreekbc.com.
December 18th 6:30 am start
January 22nd 6:30 am start
February 12 & 26 6:30 am start
March 5th & 19th 5pm start
Day prior pre-race entry fee is $15 via cripplecreekbc or in-person. Day of is $20, entry fee includes breakfast.
Taos Rio Hondo Rando Raid - Sunday Feb. 9th, 2014
Day two of the New Mexico Rando Weekend is at Taos. There will be a combined entry price for both events, as well as day-only. We'll post the registration link asap. Prize money (top five for men and women) will be combined from both days, merchandise prizes on both days. Lodging packages will be available for racers and thier families. Much more info to come.
Midweek racing is back at Arapahoe Basin. All races start at 7AM, typical course includes one descent and two climbs with a finish at the top of the ski area. For event updates see Arapahoe Basin Events website.
Event dates, all Tuesdays: December 3rd and 17th, January 7th and 21st.